A Small Orange has been in the hosting game from 2003. Although it isn’t one of the best-known hosts in the industry, it has grown rapidly. Having originally been based in Atlanta, Georgia in the US, it is now located in Durham, North Carolina. I will put various aspects of the A Small Orange under microscope, examining its website, plans, pricing, customer support options, etc.
Above that, A Small Orange company is a honest Best Web Hosting Companies for small business that offers true unlimited hosting without overselling you on everything else. A Small Orange’s shared hosting packages make it simple to find a plan that fits your needs and budget. A Small Orange has one of the best support teams we have experienced and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
A Small Orange splits its hosting into three types of plans: shared, reseller, business hosting. All hosting is exclusively Linux-based.
• Tiny: $35/year with 250MB Disk & 5GB Bandwidth
• Small: $5/month with 1GB Disk & 20GB Bandwidth
• Medium: $10/month with 5GB Disk & 100GB Bandwidth
• Large: $20/month with 15GB Disk & 300GB Bandwidth
• Super: $30/month with 25GB Disk & 500GB Bandwidth
• Small: $15/mo with 3GB Disk, 30GB B/W, & 30 hosted sites
• Medium: $25/mo with 5GB Disk, 50GB B/W, & 50 hosted sites
• Large: $35/mo with 10GB Disk, 100GB B/W, & 100 hosted sites
• Startup: $20/mo with 10GB Disk & 100GB Bandwidth
• Small Business: $40/mo with 20GB Disk & 200GB Bandwidth
• Enterprise: $60/mo with 30GB Disk & 300GB Bandwidth
Always remember that as is often the case with web hosting companies, you can get these same plans for much lower prices using promotional codes, discount and coupons. You just have to keep an eye out for such offerings.
A Small Orange advertises a 99.9% uptime guarantee. The web hosting company A Small Orange has a live status page, but this is hidden behind a login until you login in, and there’s no archived uptime information available.
A Small Orange service is first priority of company, but there isn’t much information about the company as a whole on its website. If more details were provided about the people behind the company, it would inspire confidence and give A Small Orange more of a human touch.
The data centre of company is too small, but the information provided is very vague. It’s not clear how many there are, or where the facilities are located. The site does say that the company’s servers are monitored with CCTV and protected with backup battery and diesel power.
Companies’ Technical support team members work remotely. They don’t hesitate to support their customer – some of them in different parts of the US. Support is provided 24/7, all year round, via email and ticket. Live chat support is only provided on weekdays, and it appears that there’s no telephone support.
A Small Orange is well known for its high-quality, reliable support. And I don’t have any complaints whatsoever in the support department. I found their support quite friendly, and really helpful.
A Small Orange has a rather smart Client area for support and billing, and gives you access to their extensive knowledgebase and video tutorials. All A Small Orange plans come with cPanel (and WHM, where applicable). The arrangement is not always free (especially for those more powerful plans). So it is wise to check if there is going to be a licensing fee involved before you register.
Dear customers who sign up to a shared hosting or business hosting plan at A Small Orange. They can claim a refund under its 45-day money-back guarantee. If you have chosen plan of paid money annually but you cancellation the plan, the company will refund your unused time, which is a very positive policy.
• Account Settings You can change your account settings.
• cPanel Your account comes equipped with cPanel.
• Website Stats You can view your website statistics.
• Manage Email Accounts You can manage your email accounts.
• Manage Domains You can manage the domains in your account.
• Software Downloads You can download software while logged into your account.
• DNS Management You can manage your domain name settings in the control panel.
1. Live server status monitoring page, an active forum.
2. 99.9% uptime guaranty.
3. Daily backups to ensure protection of your data from accidents.
4. Homegrown hosting with a personal touch, and friendly behaviour towards customers.
5.Top-notch 100% SSD-powered hardware that offers some of the best speeds on a shared hosting platform money can buy you.
6. No major hidden limitations, no marketing materials included inside cPanel, making it bloat-free. No marketing emails once in every week, no upselling.
7. Efficient, always available technical support to quickly resolve technical issues with your site or service.
A Small Orange really looks like an honest operator focusing on its web hosting packages and services. A Small Orange is a reliable host with a decent customer support. A Small Orange has earned its fine reputation and its website has been a great source of fact finding and information gathering for you. With a great track of publicly accessible uptime details of all their shared servers, coupled with excellent server performance, A Small Orange deserves to be called one of the best shared hosting providers out there.